Friday, May 26, 2017



"The Apostleship of encouragement...consists in heartening our brother, bringing him with word and deed to the true and healthy optimism which is patient of toil and failure, because by God's help it trusts in victory at the end. Life as God sees it is always encouraging -- a very field of glorious opportunities, and therefore true Christian encouragement is making the disheartened and weary see the world through the ever-cheerful eyes of its Creator and its Lord."

~ Rev. Edward F. Garesche, SJ, Your Neighbor and You, imprimatur 1912.

I love the thought that God sees my life as a field of glorious opportunities...as wide open as the blue sky above. I think when a soul is 20 years old, it's a lot easier to see it that way. But many of the saints started their greatest work in middle age or beyond. 

How does God see my life, through His optimistic, loving Eyes? 

He hasn't given up on me...I mustn't give up on myself or my potential to fulfill His dream for my life. What is His dream for YOUR life?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...