Monday, August 21, 2017

Baby Girl in Heaven

My only sister went to Heaven 28 years ago today, in her baptismal innocence. (She was almost two years old.) My heart aches today for all those who have lost a loved one. I was reading a spiritual book about Our Lord and His Love for us, and came across this quote today:

"Our Lord, in speaking to St. Gertrude of a certain devout and amiable virgin, whose death had caused no small grief to the Saint's community, said, 'When any one of you wishes to have the departed yet with you because of the pleasure she gave by her sweet manners, and you then offer her up to My Will, you present to Me by so doing, a most fragrant lily, and I will in My Goodness repay it in a hundredfold manner.'"

Consoling Revelations collected by The Ven. Benedictine Abbot Blosius.

I came out of the church at the end of Mass today, and saw a little girl, about the right size, whose name is "Lily." I think Our Lord graciously accepted the "lily" I offered Him this morning...

"How good, how kind, Thou art to us, sweet Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...