Wednesday, August 23, 2017

This statue stands in Valinhos, the place where Our Lady appeared in August, 2017
to the three children of Fatima.

"Jesus wishes to make use of you to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. I promise salvation to those who embrace it, and those souls will be loved by God like flowers placed by me to adorn His throne."

~ Our Lady's words to Lucia dos Santos, at Fatima, on June 13, 1917.

Valinhos is a quiet, bucolic nook, near the village of Aljustrel where the children lived. The gentle silence of a few chirping birds and rustling branches lends itself to meditation on the beautiful words of Our Lady....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...