Wednesday, February 7, 2018

(Photo taken in Rome)

For many years, I've taken pictures of images of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in various places. They are often so appealing, and so moving. Here is another one, somewhere in Rome...although I'm afraid I don't remember which church. Did you know there are over 300 churches in Rome?

It is but one week until the start of Lent. Many of us find this an opportune time to make a good Confession and prepare for a holy Lent.

"Our Lord said to St. Mechtild, 'There is no sinner so wicked, but that if he repents sincerely, I will pardon him all his sins immediately, and incline My Heart to him as graciously and sweetly as if he had never sinned.' O unspeakable goodness of God! Should any one therefore, (writes a saint), deny that God is ready to forgive the truly penitent, as often as there are moments in time, he would make a direct attempt to rob God of great glory."

Consoling Revelations collected by the Ven. Benedictine Abbot Blosius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...