Friday, August 10, 2018


(Image of St. Philomena in the side chapel of the Cure d'Ars' original church, Ars, France)


"St. Philomena was powerfully aided by God in her combats...She could then pass, with fearless courage, through torments, and dare those who inflict them. O St. Philomena, will not God do also for me what He did for you? Am I not His child, like you? Alas! Why should I harbor discouraging doubts? Why fear being abandoned?...Away, then, with these vain and unjust fears! In my tribulations I will call upon my God; in the tempest I will cast in His Bosom the sure anchor of unshaken confidence. O holy protectress, strengthen me..."

~ Life and Miracles of Saint Philomena, Virgin and Martyr,  P. O'Shea Publisher, 1865.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...