Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fit for the Work

As the fasting is upon us for this beautiful season of Lent, it seems like food and fitness are not far out of my consciousness. I loved this quote that a friend shared from St. Philip Neri:

"Cast yourself with confidence into the arms of God; and be very sure of this: that if He wants anything of you He will fit you for your work and give you the strength to do it."

He will fit us for whatever work He has for us, and will give us the strength to do it. O Lord, give me the strength to make an excellent Lent, and make me fit to fulfill Thy Will in all things, especially as a wife and mother.

This photo shows the Brompton Oratory in London, founded by St. Philip Neri's Congregation. There are some amazing frescoes of the saint in this building. It's a little piece of Rome right in the middle of Knightsbridge.

Last night, I had my Rome pictures out because my teen is writing a paper on Rome. *sigh* What an amazing place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...