Thursday, June 23, 2011

God's Greatest Gift

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi, the beautiful feast of the Most Blessed Sacrament! Here is a photo of the precious hosts on the Hill of Slane in Ireland, before the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

"Even that privileged Apostle, that beloved Disciple, that heavenly Evangelist, though holding a pen or quill that was vibrant with the breath of the Holy Ghost, found it impossible to express adequately for mortal readers the Love that flooded the Heart of Jesus as He instituted the adorable Eucharist; and all that St. John could write of this sweet mystery was: 'Jesus, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end.'"
 ~ Fr. M.D. Forrest, MSC,  Heart Afire: Devotion to the Sacred Heart

Father Forrest goes on to say that not only did Our Lord love us to the end of His mortal life, but He loved us to the furthest degree, as it were, the end, of His infinite Love, by giving us the incredible miracle of the Mass. To think that He loved us so much, worthless miserable creatures that we are, that He couldn't bear to leave us alone and helpless. St. John records His beautiful Words: "I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you."

On Saturday the 25th, please celebrate with me the 33rd anniversary of my First Holy Communion! May the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus forgive my many failures, and strengthen me to do His Will for the rest of my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...