Monday, September 12, 2016



This tender image shows Our Lady Mary as a child with her mother St. Anne. It is found in the medieval city of Carcassone, France.

Today is the feast of the Holy Name of Mary. And for this day, I share this comforting thought from Fr. Joseph Lucas, PSM, in his book Hand in Hand with Our Mother:

"Mary is also the 'Refuge of sinners' and 'Mother of mercy'. No one need despair. She will not chide the wounded child who again seeks refuge under her mantle... We often resemble the child who spends the day unmindful of its mother, but returns to her at evening – contrite. If we then rest, repentant, on her heart and promise, 'Mother, I will never do it again,' she will forgive and forget all. With maternal understanding and forgiveness she will bend toward us and whisper consolingly, 'Be at rest, dear child, Mother understands.'"
 
Sweet Mother Mary, hide me under thy mantle, and talk to thy Son for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...