Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Basilica of Our Saviour in Rome, commonly called St. John Lateran

What a joy to see these beautiful edifices raised to the honor and glory of God! Today the Catholic Church celebrates the dedication of the above church, many centuries ago. It is known as St. John Lateran because it honors Our Lord the Savior, with St. John the Apostle and St. John the Baptist on either side of Him. (Lateran - taken from the Latin word for "side").
"I know, my God, that Thou provest hearts, and lovest simplicity, wherefore I also in the simplicity of my heart, have joyfully offered all these things; and I have seen with great joy Thy people, here present, offer Thee their offerings."

~ 1 Paralipomenon, 29:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...