Thursday, December 29, 2016


Today is the feast of St. Thomas Beckett. As you can see above, the city of Canterbury, UK, has not changed much since his day...(well, except for that crane in the background LOL).

Thomas Beckett knew what he stood for: God and the Rights of the Church. He made his choices based on that stand, and he died for that stand. Decide what you stand for, what you believe in, and what you want your life to MEAN. Then live and die for that cause.

Here is his cathedral, where he was attacked by murderous knights who were doing what King Henry II wished...


(As I state in my profile, all pics on this blog are mine; I hold the copyright, unless otherwise stated.)

So once we've decided what our life goal is, and our life's purpose, then we can break it down into a suitable New Year's resolution....

"It is useful to make a plan for the year ahead -- to give our spiritual lives a definite direction. A general resolution: 'I'll be good,' is a little too vague. Our aim is to find God and lead a fuller, happier life in union with Him. That is, I want either to decide my vocation, or decide upon the means I should adopt to take disorder out of my life and to advance in the perfection of my present state of life...." (more on this tomorrow!)                                        ~ Rev. Joseph F. Hogan, SJ, A Do-it-Yourself Retreat, imprimatur 1961.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...