Friday, April 7, 2017

Our Lady of Sorrows Magnet


(Art by Tracy L. Christianson...I love her art! She owns all copyrights, and you can buy her wonderful work at www.portraitsofsaints.com.)

Today is the Feast of the Sorrowful Mother. It is commonly accepted that Our Lady suffered seven major sorrows in her life. The first one is when she and Saint Joseph presented Our Lord in the Temple, and she was told by Simeon that a sword would pierce her heart.

"Prayer to Our Lady Consoler of the Afflicted:
"O Mary Immaculate, dear Mother of consolation, I take refuge in thy very tender heart with all the confidence of which I am capable....To thee who art the dispenser of Heaven's treasures, I must always have recourse in all my troubles, to find peace, in all my doubts to find light, in my dangers to find protection, in all my needs to obtain help. Be then, O Mary, my consolation, my refuge, my strength, my remedy in distress. Be pleased, at the hour of my death, to receive the last sighs of my heart, and secure for me a place in that heavenly abode, where all are united in praising eternally the adorable Heart of Jesus..."
Behold Thy Mother, compiled by the Servite Fathers, imprimatur 1959.

This quote also makes me think of what Our Lady said to the children at Fatima 100 years ago: "My Immaculate Heart will be your comfort, and the path that leads you to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...