Tuesday, April 4, 2017

(First Communicants at Mass)

The most encouraging and comforting gift we have from Heaven is Our Lord Himself, when we receive Him in Holy Communion.

"After Communion, be profoundly recollected, and shutting out everything else from thy heart, entertain thy Savior with these or the like expressions: 'O Sovereign Lord of Heaven! What can have brought Thee thus low, to visit a poor, wretched, blind creature?'
"He will answer, 'Love.'
"To which you must reply: 'O eternal love! What is it Thou askest of me?'
"'Nothing but love,' He will answer. 'I would have no other fire in thy breast but that of charity.'"

~ Dom Lawrence Scupoli, The Spiritual Combat


"Nothing but love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...