Sunday, February 6, 2011

Helpful Image for Today

As part of a sermon on today's Epistle, Father painted a word picture of Our Lord's Mercy and Forgiveness. Then he told us that, as we have received it, it is our duty to share it with those around us. If we don't spread that mercy and forgiveness around us, then He won't forgive us.
I learned as a child that if we don't forgive others, we can't expect forgiveness from on High. But I never thought of it as a ray of light, or an outpouring of rejuvenating water, which we then have a duty to spread among our neighbors. There should be a pool of light around every Catholic, that shows the Mercy & Forgiveness & Kindness that we have received, as we pass it on to those around us.

"For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you..." (1 Corinthians 11:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...