Wednesday, February 2, 2011

May we be Purified!

Today is the feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, when she was purified from childbirth at the same time that she presented the Child Jesus in the Temple (fourth Joyful Mystery). It is also the day that Little Nellie of Holy God departed earth for Heaven.
This sweet and saintly child had a personal connection to God, calling Him always "Holy God". Her statue of the Infant was believed to have played and danced with her. In 2001 and 2003, I was blessed to visit Little Nellie's grave, and also to see her possessions. I saw her tooth, and also the above statue, which is the miraculous one.

How I wish that we all could have a similar sweet trusting relationship with Our Lord Jesus. Let us read about her today.... Little Nellie of Holy God. Pray for us, Nellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...