Thursday, March 2, 2017

“A humble meditation on the Gospels will teach you more than any reading of the great philosophical works. You will not understand everything; you must have something [left] to discover in Heaven. What you do understand will however be enough to give you PEACE…and it is always the humble who are the first to find it.”

~ St. Bernadette Speaks by Fr. Albert Bessieres, SJ, 1956.

I love meditations with key words in them, because I can repeat them to myself with my eyes closed. Humbly meditate....will discover more in Heaven...what I do discover gives Peace...must be humble to find it...

What is your favorite passage in the Sacred Scripture to meditate on? Here is one of mine:

"That Christ may dwell by faith in your hearts; that being rooted and founded in charity, You may be able to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth: To know also the charity of Christ, which surpasseth all knowledge, that you may be filled unto all the fulness of God."
~ Ephesians 3, 17-19

I love the image that His Charity (Love) is like an ocean, and if we are rooted and founded in His Love, we might get some idea of the immensity of It....

(View from the northern coast of Ireland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...