Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Statue of St. Patrick, Athlone, Co.Westmeath, Ireland 


“First of all, what is a saint? You would like to be one, and it is your duty to be one, but what you have read has rather dismayed you. ‘I am a young student,’ [you say], ‘a young father; I am a man of business; I am a working-man, a laborer; I am a mother with children to look after; I am a soldier or a sailor; I am a restless rowdy street boy; can any of us, without changing our skins, become saints?’ Yes, there are saints, and many of them… to be found in all these states of life. You know one or two of them, but the great multitude of them, whose feasts you keep every year on All Saints’ Day, you will only know in Heaven. 

"A saint is someone who, without being perfect (God alone is perfect), took himself in hand, fought against his faults and took as his [motto]: God must be served first, and the will of God above all.”

~ St. Bernadette Speaks, by Fr. Albert Bessieres, SJ, 1956.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...