Thursday, March 23, 2017


(An altar in Basilica di Santa Croce in Florence, Italy)

"I tell you plainly, as a true friend in the adorable Heart of Jesus, that every time I entreat it for you this thought occurs to me. If you desire to live entirely for Him, and to reach the perfection which He wishes you to reach, you must make an unreserved sacrifice to His Sacred Heart of yourself, and of everything dependent upon you. To desire henceforth nothing but what He desires, to love only what He loves; acting only by His inspirations and illumination; never undertaking anything without first seeking His advice and help; giving to Him all the glory in everything, and even thanking Him for bad results as well as good; resting always humbly contented without troubling yourself about anything. For, if that Divine Heart is satisfied, loved, and glorified, we ought to seek nothing farther."

~ St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, in a letter to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...