Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Crucifixion scene in Segovia Cathedral, Spain

As Our Lord suffered on the Cross, He continued to put the needs of others before His own...His Mother's future, the forgiveness of His persecutors, the redemption of the Good Thief. Our Lord said to St. Gertrude:
"The certain confidence anyone puts in Me, in virtue of which he believes that I have truly the power, the knowledge and the will to stand faithfully by him in all things, pierces My Heart, and does such violence to My loving kindness, that I can in no wise abandon or fail him."
from Consoling Revelations from the Writings of 
Saints Gertrude, Mechtild, Bridget and Catherine of Siena 
collected by The Ven. Benedictine Abbot Blosius.

Likewise, if we have this kind of confidence, He will never abandon us. People don't lose their souls because God gives up on them; they go to Hell because they lose confidence in God - in His love, His power, His forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...