Friday, January 12, 2018

Pike's Peak, Colorado

January of each new year brings lots of resolutions, lots of inspirational and motivational talks, podcasts, emails and posts that are supposed to bring us closer to success. But what kind of success? Financial success? Success in popularity? Success in the entertainment industry? Career success? The ultimate success is the salvation of our immortal souls.

That's not to say that I don't make New Year's resolutions in various areas of my life - on the contrary, I do! We all should better ourselves. But if things don't go the way we had planned, let us remember this encouraging quote of St. Vincent de Paul:

"A single act of resignation to the Divine Will in what it ordains contrary to our desires, is of more value than a hundred thousand successes conformable to our will and taste."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...