Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"To me nothing is so consoling, so piercing, so thrilling, so overcoming, as the Mass.... It is not a mere form of words -- it is a great action, the greatest action that can be on earth." 
~ John Henry Newman

(Fr. Richard Boyle offering Mass on the mountain path to the Cave of St. Mary Magdalen in France)


God is the only One to Whom word is action. With Him, to will it is to see it happen. When He says, "Let there be light," light is there. Remember the leper who said to Him, "Lord, if Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean"? And Our Lord touched him and said, "I will, be thou made clean." And St. Matthew, in chapter eight, tells us, "And forthwith his leprosy was cleansed." 

This is our thought for the day...the beautiful, consoling truth of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. The true one...the Mass of the ages. The Mass that made thousands of saints. 

When He says, "This is My Body", the bread changes into His Flesh. Transubstantiation. The Word is made Flesh, and dwells amongst us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...