Friday, March 23, 2018

(Altarpiece in the home of St. Ignatius at Loyola, Spain. Photo Courtesy of Ron McGuire)

Today is the "other" feast of Our Lady of Sorrows...in addition to the one on September 15th. As a mother, I've come to understand my own mother's devotion to Our Lady under this title. Her seven Sorrows reflect what she suffered as a mother.

Mother of Sorrows, for the love of this Son, pray to Him for me!

"To the Virgin St. Catherine of Sienna, God the Father once spoke thus: 'Out of reverence for the Incarnate Word, My Goodness has granted to the glorious Mother of My only-begotten Son that every sinner who has recourse to her with devout veneration, shall in no wise become the prey of the infernal spirit. For she has been chosen, prepared and intended by Me to serve as a most sweet allurement with which to captivate men, and especially the souls of sinners.'"
Consoling Revelations collected by the Ven. Benedictine Abbot Blosius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...