Monday, March 5, 2018

Image of Our Suffering Lord in Avila, Spain

"His eyes never grow old or worn. Even though the lids are blackened from punches and the slaps of the reed, the bloodshot eyes of Christ are still deep vaults of riches for those who would plumb their pleading inviting depths."

~ Rev. Maurice B. Kennedy, The Complete Rosary, imprimatur 1949.

Let us meditate today on the "deep vaults of riches" in the loving Eyes of Our Suffering Savior...those Eyes that converted St. Peter after his three-fold denial. Let us search "their pleading inviting depths." Imagine the soul-stirring experience of seeing His Eyes look into ours! Words would be unnecessary. He would just know. And I would just know... all that He wanted me to know... with just one look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...