Wednesday, March 21, 2018

(Beautiful statue of St. Joseph in the chapel of the Carmelite Fathers, Segovia, Spain)

The following quote should be tattooed on my arm! Okay, so we shouldn't tattoo our bodies, the temples of the Holy Ghost...so perhaps I could put these words on a large poster board so I could read them daily?

"All that troubles, confuses, or saddens, arises from the machinations of the demon. All thoughts that bring with them true joy, a veritable expansion of the heart, of well-being, come from God. Trouble of soul is the unique sign by which we can recognize the work of the demon. The thought that makes us downhearted, that grips us as in a vise, that upsets and throws our soul into discouragement, into worry, into anguish, infallibly comes from the demon."

~ Almire Pichon, S.J. (spiritual director of St. Therese of Lisieux),
Seeds of the Kingdom, imprimatur 1961.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...