Monday, March 19, 2018

"Go to Joseph" ~ St. Teresa of Avila
(Statue of St. Joseph, treasured by St. Teresa of Avila, Monastery of the Incarnation, Avila, Spain)

I was told that the above statue is miraculous. Apparently, one day St. Teresa of Avila was praying before this statue of St. Joseph, and the saint was answering her. Another Sister came down the corridor, and heard two voices, one male, one female. Alarmed, she turned the corner, and found only Mother Teresa de Jesus and the statue of St. Joseph. But the statue's mouth was open. It has remained so to this day.

"I am filled with amazement when I consider the great favors which God has given to me through this blessed Saint; the dangers from which he has delivered me, both of body and soul...O, that I could persuade all souls to be devoted to this glorious Saint!" ~ St. Teresa of Avila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...