Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Happy Feast of St. Joan of Arc!
Pictures of St. Joan of Arc from the Basilique du Sacre Coeur in Paris.
Photos Courtesy of Ron McGuire.

This doesn't have anything to do with the saint for today, but when I look at this picture, I remember sitting on the curb in front of this basilica. I was looking up at the statues (there's one on each side: St. Joan and St. Louis IX), against a very blue sky, and eating a dripping crepe filled with Nutella and Chantilly creme. It was - amazing. The view, the sunshine, the crepe: all of it. :)

"I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to Monsieur the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!" ~ St. Joan of Arc

How can we apply her inspiring words to our own lives? Do we not have God, our Lord? Of course we do. Will He not clear the route to what He wants us to do? Yes, of course. And for this we were born! To do what God has given us to do. To be a mother; to be a father; to be a religious, or a doctor, an author, or a grandmother. God has given us work to do...for this we were born - let us look on it as Joan did: our glorious mission to perform for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...