Tuesday, May 15, 2018


(Stained-glass windows from St. Patrick's Church, Newcastle, Maine)

I made this photo the lock screen background on my phone, finding so much comfort in just a glance. I want to be the little girl who is clinging to His robe...with the ribbons on her hat flowing in the wind like she just ran up to Him while playing. ;) Other days, I want to be the mother in purple (with the beautiful braided hair by the way), who presents her child trustingly to Him. It's a gentle reminder that they're His children, not ours, and He will care for them if we bring them to Him.

It makes me think of Our Lord's words to St. Margaret Mary, "Can a child perish in the Arms of an Almighty Father?" If we are in His Arms, we are safe. If we run away from Him, then we will lose our souls and our eternal happiness.

Here's a quote from the joyous saint whose feast is coming up on May 26th:

"Cast yourself into the arms of God and be very sure that if He wants anything of you, He will fit you for the work and give you the strength." ~ St. Philip Neri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...