Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass being offered in Marseilles, France

Beautiful churches remind us to lift up our hearts to God and to the things of Heaven, instead of being dragged down by the worries of earth. One of the greatest worries many people suffer is that of wondering what people are thinking of them. Liberty of spirit comes when we only aim to please God and not care about what others say or think.

"'It is a strange and unhappy servitude to seek to please men...I find myself elevated above all the kings of earth by the honor which I possess of belonging to God.'

~ Venerable Claude de la Colombiere: Notes of Retreat."

~ Sister Mary Philip, A Jesuit at the English Court, 1922.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...