Friday, May 25, 2018

(Sacre Coeur Basilica in Paris. Photo courtesy of Ron McGuire)

This image always reminds me of the fact that St. John, an eyewitness of this moment in history, said that Our Lord's Side was "opened", not "stabbed" or "pierced". His Heart was opened - to us!

"May the Heart of Jesus, then, be our school. Let us dwell in It... Let us study Its movements and try to conform ourselves to It. Yes, divine Jesus, I wish to dwell in Thy Heart and to pour all my bitterness into It. Thy love will consume it all. I do not fear impatience when sheltered in Thy Heart. There I can keep silence; there I can become resigned to Thy Divine Will, and learn an invincible constancy."

~ from a sermon of St. Claude de la Colombiere.

As the summer begins, and the month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus approaches, let us enter into the Heart that was opened on the Cross for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...