Friday, May 26, 2023

Philip of the Joyous Heart

From Catholictothemax.com - have you checked out their products?

Today is the feast of St. Philip Neri, an effervescent, loving Roman whose heart, after he died, was discovered to have swelled and burst his ribs with the quantity of his love. 

When I was a teenager, I read a book called Mystic in Motley by Theodore Maynard about this jovial, irrepressible saint, and I never forgot it. My other favorite saint book when I was a teen was Blessed Friend of Youth by Neil Boyton, about St. John Bosco.

(Please note I found a picture of this saint with a book too, like our last post. READ!)

Here are some words of wisdom from this saint for today:

"A joyful heart is more easily made perfect than one that is cast down." ~ St. Philip Neri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...