Monday, May 22, 2023

Saint Rita and Reading

 

Found on the Internet, Artist Unknown

Today is the Feast of St. Rita of Cascia, Patron Saint of Impossible Causes. This picture appealed to me because she is reading....and I have loved books and words since early childhood. It would be fun to create a collage of women reading...or saints reading...or writers reading. Remember when they had a series of posters with movie stars and other celebrities, with the word: "READ"? I can imagine this picture with that headline.

All of the inhabitants of Heaven, I think, would encourage us to read good things. My writing coach at framedinjoy.com calls it "input". Ramona Zabriskie of WifeSavers.org calls it, "Inspiring your Best Imagination." When we fill our minds with inspiration and goodness and beauty and light and joy and holiness, then that is what we think about and bring about. When we fill our minds with sorrow and fear and anger and outrage and horror, it can only bring more darkness.

Will you take a moment to scroll through some of the past posts here and do some quick little tidbits of reading? Maybe you can even comment and tell me which ones you like the best! I hope they bring joy and light to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...