Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Love and Light

The Ascension Window in St. Conleth's, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland

"O my God, sweetness and joy of my heart, behold how my soul, for love of Thee, will occupy itself with these maxims of love and light....O my Lord, Thou lovest discretion, and light, but love more than all the other operations of the soul; so then let these maxims furnish discretion to the wayfarer, enlighten him by the way, and supply him with motives of love for his journey."

~ St. John of the Cross, as a prologue to his "Spiritual Maxims".
Let us hope that these inspirational excerpts may do the same for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...