Monday, March 13, 2023

From the Hand of God



(Photo Credit: Stephanie McGuire)

Ah, the beautiful Cliffs of Moher on the west coast of Ireland! (Next stop westward: Connecticut!) This picture is from 22 years ago, taken on my first trip to St. Patrick's adopted country. You can see it was chilly and rainy that day, but I didn't care. Irish air is invigorating!

Today, I wish to share a quote that seems to sum it all up. I just finished reading Archbishop Ullathorne's "Patience and Humility: A Handbook for Christians", published by Sophia Institute Press. My takeaway: We need to look at everything from God's perspective, and that will help us to always remain in a cheerful state of mind and soul. No matter what is happening in this crazy world of ours, we are still in His Hands. 

As the Irish say, "May God hold you in the Palm of His Hand." If you can spare a Hail Mary or an Our Father for my intention that I find a publisher for my book, I'd be most appreciative!

In the meantime, here is a saintly quote for today:

"If you embrace all things in life as coming from the Hands of God...assuredly you will die a saint."
~ St. Alphonsus de Ligouri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...