Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"Laugh and grow strong." ~ St. Ignatius of Loyola

I came across this quote in my retreat notes. It is definitely food for thought. Why would this choleric, powerful soldier saint say this? I would venture to say that he is talking about the joy of God, the joy of our faith, the joy of knowing that a Loving Heavenly Father takes care of our every need. Imagine if we could laugh when the going gets rough...knowing that nothing happens to us without Almighty God's permission, and that He will permit nothing to happen to us that He will not turn to our greater good.





Therefore, laugh today,
and grow strong in your faith 
and in your progress toward eternal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...