Sunday, January 15, 2017

Pray with Simplicity and Confidence

"'They have no wine.' Mary speaks to Our Lord with the greatest possible reverence. She does not address Him in terms of arrogance or presumption, like many thoughtless and indiscreet persons when they ask, but she simply represents to Him the need of the guests, sure that He would hear her petition. What an excellent manner of prayer is this, to expose our necessities simply to God, and then abandon ourselves into His adorable Hands, certain that He will succor us in that way which is most to our advantage!"

~ Don Gaspar Gilli, The Month of Mary, According to the Spirit of St. Francis de Sales,
 imprimatur 1890.

I would ask the Blessed Virgin Mary to say to Her Divine Son of me, "she has no virtue." Then the dear Lord will kindly change the water of my actions into the true wine of virtue. 

"For virtue went out from Him, and healed all." (Luke 6:19)

What would you like to ask for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...