Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Whole Point of Catholic Meditation

is not actually to relax and reduce stress, although that is a happy byproduct. The true goal of meditation is to grow closer to God Who made us. For after all, we are all "infused with the breath of life by the same Almighty Creator." :) Let us take those few minutes each day to grow closer to Him.

St. Augustine is a confirmed expert in this area. Having lived scandalously before, he found that "his heart was restless until it rested in" God. He spent the rest of his life seeking to improve his relationship with His Creator.

I share a quote from this great philosopher and saint for us to reflect upon today:

"I beg of You, my God...Let me know You more and more in this life, that I may know You perfectly in Heaven. Let me know You more and more here, so that I may love You perfectly there, so that my joy may be great in itself here, and complete in Heaven with You."
~ St. Augustine

1 comment:

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...