Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I have a little sister, named Meghan Maire, who was born on September 9, 1987, and who flew away to Heaven on August 21, 1989. She never had the time (or maturity) to commit a single sin. Her little soul was full of grace and beauty and heavenly joy. A short time before she died, she even tore out the word "Heaven" from a book page, and gave it to our mother. I can't wait to see her again someday.

Today's quote is taken from the words of St. Therese of Lisieux to her sister Leonie, when she was in her final illness. She died when she was 24, in 1897, and was canonized in 1925.

Therese wrote to Leonie:

"You say you wish that in Heaven I would pray for you to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord. Be sure that I will not forget to give Him your messages and to ask from Him all that will be necessary for you to become a saint. Farewell, my little sister, so dear to me, I would wish that the thought of my entry into Heaven would fill you with joy, since I could then love you even more than I do now."

Years later, Leonie told Fr. Albert H. Dolan:

"I never ask her for anything for myself, because she is my sister. And I trust her to obtain for me, her sister, without being asked, all the graces that I need."

~ Fr. Albert H. Dolan, Our Sister is in Heaven.

Those who loved us in life will certainly remember us in Heaven, and intercede for us with Almighty God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...