Sunday, February 26, 2017

Some say that today is a feast of St. Mechtilde, who had many visions of Our Lord. She died November 19, 1299.

"One day St. Mechtilde saw Our Lord opening the wound of His Loving Heart, and saying to her: 'See the immensity of My love: measure it by those words which I addressed to My brethren: "As My Father hath loved Me, I also have loved you" (John 15:9). 'Hast thou ever heard words which express a stronger or more tender love?'"

~ Very Rev. Andre Prevot, Love, Peace and Joy, imprimatur 1911.

Can we imagine a stronger or more tender love than that which Our Lord Jesus Christ has toward us poor sinners? And He loved us first - with no merit whatsoever on our part. May this flood our souls with comfort, and inspire us to return love for Love....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...