Tuesday, February 21, 2017

St. Bernadette wrote in her diary:

"When emotion becomes too strong, I must remember Our Lord's Words: - 'It is I. Be not afraid.' Amidst contempt and humiliations, whether from my superiors or my companions, I must immediately thank Our Lord, as for a grace. The love of this good Master will make the tree of pride disappear with its evil roots. The more I humble myself, the more I shall grow in the Heart of Jesus."

How many of us, when experiencing a humiliation or trial, think of these words of Our Lord: "It is I. Be not afraid."? But truly, when crosses come to us, He has allowed them, He has weighed them and decided that they are just what we need. He knows what will make us reach our full potential. He knows what will get us to Heaven. As an old Irishman once said, "Them crosses get us HOME."

(Sorry about the reflection, but these are the veil, rosary and shoes of St. Bernadette)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...