Monday, February 27, 2017

"Our great St. Peter, awakened from his sleep by the angel: how many consolations there are in the story of his deliverance (Acts 12:3-11). His soul was transported to such a degree that he did not know whether he was dreaming. May our angel touch our side today to awaken us into a loving attentiveness to God, to deliver us from the chains of self-love and to consecrate us once and for all to this heavenly love so that we might say, 'Now I know that God sent His angel and rescued me.'"
~ St. Francis de Sales

As we prepare for the holy season of Lent, what a great time to "rise from sleep" spiritually, shake off our sloth, and start thinking, loving and acting for God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...