Wednesday, October 12, 2016

(A bit of beauty last winter at the Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden, Colorado)

"To Him, then, let us turn our souls, created by Him and for Him -- those souls in which He has infused a great attraction for the beautiful and great, a proof of our high origin and the end for which we were created."
I know I quote a lot from St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (as above), but she has such interesting insights on so many different subjects. :) Today, I'm hoping we can take this quote to help us lift our hearts and minds above the day-to-day turmoil of this crazy world of ours.

Look at something beautiful and great today - a mountain, a baby's pinky toe, a sunset, an elderly couple holding hands, a fall tree in full blazing foliage, the smile of a friend or family member - and remember that we were given a love of beauty and greatness because we were created for higher things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...