Thursday, October 20, 2016


The chapel in Paray-le-Monial, France, where Father Claude de la Colombiere is buried. This picture is credited to http://www.tourisme-paraylemonial.fr/, (the tourism website for the town).

Many of us know about St. Margaret Mary and the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, but have you ever read any of the writings of the priest who helped her? His name was Father de la Colombiere, and he was given the grace to know that she truly had a mission from God. His writings comfort and encourage.

When I knelt in the little chapel where he is buried in Paray-le-Monial, I was very moved by the copies, in various languages, of the saint's "Act of Confidence in God." I prayed that prayer with all my heart, and did my best to leave all my anxieties and worries in Paray. In the little shop nearby, I bought "The Spiritual Direction of St. Claude de la Colombiere", translated and arranged by Mother M. Philip, IBVM, and started reading it on the train ride back to Paris. Here's a special little quote from it today:
"As Jesus Christ possesses your whole heart, He wishes also to have all your anxieties and all your thoughts. Think of Him and trust in His goodness for all the rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...