Wednesday, October 26, 2016

St. Bernadette

Here's a quote that I found years ago, and used to use in the signature line on my emails. I needed to read it again today. :) It came from a book that was written by a soldier, for another soldier who was seriously injured and was an invalid. The invalid was in terrible pain and was helpless, so his friend, Lt. Colonel "M de S", collected all the most comforting and inspiring quotes from the Scriptures and the writings of the saints, to try to help his suffering brother-at-arms.
"Why do you trouble yourself with willing or not willing the events and accidents of this life, since you are ignorant of what is best for you to will, and since God will always will for you all you could will for yourself, without your troubling yourself? Await therefore in peace of mind the effects of the Divine Pleasure, and let this Will suffice you, since it is always the best."
~ Lt. Col. M. de S., Draw Near to Jesus, published in 1923.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...