Sunday, October 16, 2016

Rest in Peace, Dear Friend!


The lady on the left was Mrs. Betty O'Grady Pia, a very dear lifelong friend. She passed through the curtain into the next life yesterday morning, leaving a hole in our hearts. "Aunt Betty" was one of the sweetest, kindest, most devout women I ever knew. She always made you feel as if you were the most important person in the world to her. I can still hear her voice saying my name, always preceded by a high-pitched "Oh!" to indicate how happy she was to see me. :) And yet, I knew she made everyone feel that way...her husband and children and grandchildren, and her sweet mother-in-law who lived with her for decades, and who is left behind to mourn her.

(The lady on the right in the picture many of you know...I think I'll let her remain anonymous. :)

Eternal rest grant unto Aunt Betty, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. 
May she rest in peace. Amen.

For today's words of inspiration, I take from Our Lord's revelation to St. Margaret Mary (whose feast is tomorrow), regarding the priest he wanted her to speak to, Father Claude de la Colombiere.
"Let him not be discouraged at the difficulties he will encounter, for they will be many; but let him know that he is all-powerful who places no confidence in himself, but trusts entirely to Me."
~ from "The Spiritual Direction of St. Claude de la Columbiere", 
translated and arranged by Mother M. Philip, IBVM.

Let us place no confidence in self, but trust entirely in Our Lord Jesus Christ who strengthens us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...