Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Sacred Heart of Jesus image in St. Isidore Cemetery, Watkins, Colorado

Of what does this life consist? What is life all about? St. Therese of Lisieux writes:
"I would suffer and I would love. It is that which counts in His Eyes..."
It really simplifies things, doesn't it? If we know that all we have to do in this life is to suffer and to love...to offer all our sufferings to God (because there will be sufferings in this life, despite our best efforts to avoid them)...and to love God and our neighbor. To Suffer and To Love.

She also offers these words of encouragement:
"I always see the best side of things. Some take everything in such a way as to make the worst of things. For myself, it is just the contrary. If there is nothing but pure suffering, if the heavens become so black that I cannot see anything clearly, very well! I make that my joy."
Imagine how much easier our lives would be if we could turn our sufferings into joy by offering them all to Him with love...

These quotes are from Novissima Verba -- The Last Conversations of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, collected by Rev. Mother Agnes of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...