Saturday, October 8, 2016

(A street sign in Carefree, Arizona)

"Prayer is not a means supplied by God of making our lives run more smoothly. The first purpose of prayer is a means supplied by God of making our love explicit..."
 ~ Dom Hubert Van Zeller, OSB.

Do you ever feel as if your prayer is a laundry list of what you want from God? Please make this sick person well, this erring person contrite, this child obedient, this business deal successful. Maybe instead of thinking of prayer as a way to keep us on "Easy Street", we could think of it as a way to communicate with the One we love.

Father Van Zeller, in his book, Holiness for Housewives and Other Working Women, continues:
"In proportion as you draw near to Truth by prayer, you inevitably increase your own conformity to the true pattern of yourself as it exists in the mind of God. And this means that, whatever it feels like, your life is going right."
There's not much more I can say....let's just chew on that one...conformity to the true pattern of myself as it exists in the mind of God...whatever it feels like, if I'm close to God in prayer, my life is going right! Have a carefree day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find My Writing!

  A Photo I took in Siena, Italy last summer. Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, everyone! As you see, I'm not regularly posting her...